Title of guideline:
Name of first author:
Sponsoring organization (if applicable):
Name of appraiser:
Choose from 1 to 7 for each of the following statements. (1=Strongly disagree, 7=Strongly agree)
Domain 1. Scope & purpose
1. The guideline has been developed according to a protocol and the link to the protocol is provided.
2.The overall objective(s) of the guideline is (are) specifically described.
3. The health question(s) covered by the guideline (patient, interventions/procedures, outcomes) are specifically described.
Domain 2. Stakeholders
4. The guideline was supported by a guideline development committee, including a guideline methodologist.
5. The guideline development group includes individuals from all relevant professional groups and patients.
6. The target users of the guideline are specifically described.
Domain 3. Evidence synthesis
7. Systematic methods were used to search for evidence.
8. The criteria for selecting the evidence are clearly described.
9. The strengths and limitations of the body of evidence are clearly described.
Domain 4. Development of recommendations
10. The views and preferences of the target population (patients, public, etc.) have been sought.
11. The methods for formulating the recommendations are clearly described.
12. There is an explicit link between the recommendations and the supporting evidence.
13. The recommendations are specific and unambiguous.
14. The different options for management of the condition or health issue are clearly presented.
15. Key recommendations are easily identifiable.
16. The potential resource implications of applying the recommendations have been considered.
17. The guideline considers potential variability in surgical expertise of those performing the interventions/procedures.
Domain 5. Editorial independence
18. The views of the funding body have not influenced the content of the guideline.
19. Competing interests of guideline development group members have been recorded and addressed.
Domain 6. Implementation & update
20. The guideline describes facilitators and barriers to its application.
21. The guideline has been externally reviewed by clinical and methodological experts prior to its publication.
22. A procedure for updating the guideline is provided.
23. The guideline provides advice and/or tools on how the recommendations can be put into practice.
24. The guideline presents monitoring and/or auditing criteria.
(1=Lowest possible quality, 7=Highest possible quality)
Would you recommend this guideline for use?
YesYes, with modificationsNo
Copyright: The GAP Consortium